Wednesday, May 28, 2014


News

 

 

Summary

 In 1st quarter, Gap profit fell because of foreign currency fluctuations and a slow start to spring sell. But, its annual profit is expected to rise. The San Francisco retailer said “I’m pleased with how the business performed toward the end of the quarter.” They are confident in their strategies.

  The number of people seeking U.S. unemployment benefits increased and applications rose. But, the unemployment rate dropped because the government counts only people who are actively searching for jobs as unemployment, and fewer people searched for jobs.

  Average rate for a 30-year loan fell, but sales of existing homes rebounded.

 

Review

  I’m surprised that even Gap, a famous clothing shop, faced difficulty in recession. But, I’m impressed by the Gap’s confidence. They expected its annual profit to rise though its profit fell in 1st quarter. I’m interested in their strategies and I want to know these as a social engineering student.

  I want to know other clothing shops’ profits rose or fell. If their profits rose, what they did for that? Can we apply their strategies to other industries?

  This article is very interesting for me, because I’m interested in economy. I wonder why the economic fluctuation often happen. How can we recovery economy? As a university student, what can I do? Now, we learn economics, so such news help me to learn deeply. I want to read more articles about economy.

  I want to work for a shop which sells novelties or clothes or toys because I like something cute and I want to bring dream to people by selling such things. But, these days, I think that I can’t anything unless I learn about economics, and I want to contribute to the economic recovery in the future. I realized that thanks to this article. So, if you find articles that can help me learn economics, please tell me!

 

 

http://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Gap-profit-falls-forecast-for-year-is-better-5499730.php

No comments:

Post a Comment